Running with Wings Inc was founded by Jason and Cheryl Carmack in honor of their daughter, Peyton Olivia Carmack, who passed away as the result of a tragic drowning accident. One of the Foundation's main missions is to promote childhood drowning awareness and water safety. In order to accomplish this, we encourage selfrescue technique swim lessons. We try to help minimize the costs of the lessons for those in financial need by granting scholarships. Please note these scholarships are for families that truly cannot afford the lessons.
- Assistance is granted on the basis of financial need. We consider household income and number of legal dependents as the primary criteria. While we understand that monthly expenses can be extensive, it is impossible to base scholarship awards on each individual budget.
- We believe that a sense of ownership is developed if the participant contributes to the cost of his/her involvement. Therefore, scholarship recipients may pay a percentage of the program fees.
- Scholarships are granted for one session for up to 6 weeks of lessons. Upon expiration, the recipient must reapply. The original scholarship application information is valid for 6 months after original approval.
A copy of the following documents must be provided to process the application. (For security measures please black out your SSN on all documents) INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Driver's License
- Two current pay stubs (an additional two from your spouse/partner if applicable)
- Your most recent tax return (e.g. complete 1040 form, federal tax return, not your W2 form)
- Letter explaining why you need assistance with supporting documentation if applicable. Share any extenuating circumstances that you feel should be considered when your application is being reviewed and the weekly amount you can afford toward the lessons.
IF APPLICABLE PLEASE INCLUDE:
- Did Not File taxes form (Included in the paper documents) PROOF REQUIRED
- Social Security benefits statement Disability benefit statement
- Unemployment benefit statement
- Child Support statement
Additional Documentation That Must Be Completed
You Must Download The Following Document and Complete As Necessary BEFORE Your Application Is Complete
- You MUST Complete The RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
- You MUST Complete The DIGITAL RELEASE FORM FOR MINOR CHILDREN
- If you did not file federal tax returns, You THEN MUST Complete The "DID NOT FILE" TAXES FORM
Your Application Is Not Complete Until...
- You provide the Required Documents listed above
- You provide the Additional Documentation listing above
- You complete the digital form below
You can email the additional documentation information to email@example.com or physically mail that information to Running With Wings | 2023 Winterhaven Ct | Amelia , OH 45102
- Completed applications will be processed within 10 business days. Once your application has been approved, an instructor in your area will be contacted, and you will be notified in a timely manner.
- All financial information contained in the scholarship application will remain confidential.